Medical Coder and Biller
The Ideal candidate will help the healthcare facility manage insurance claims, invoices and payments. They also read patient charts to determine medical history, including diagnoses and treatments given.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reading and analyzing patient records
- Obtaining referrals and pre-authorizations as required for procedures
- Determining the correct codes for patient records
- Checking eligibility and benefits verification for treatments, hospitalizations and procedures
- Using codes to bill insurance providers
- Reviewing patient bills for accuracy and completeness and obtaining any missing information
- Interacting with physicians and assistants to ensure accuracy.
- Keeping track of patient data over multiple visits
- Following up on unpaid claims within the standard billing cycle timeframe
- Managing detailed, specifically-coded information
- Maintaining patient confidentiality and information security
Skills and Experience
- 1-2 year of experience on Medical Coding and Billing
- Experience in Billing/Coding with Aetna, Cigna, Blue Cross Blue Shield, United Health and others is preferred
- Knowledge of insurance guidelines including Medicare, Medicaid and other payer requirements and systems
- Effective communication abilities for phone contacts with insurance payers to resolve issues
- Customer service skills for interacting with patients regarding medical claims and payments, including communication with patients and family members of diverse ages and background
- Problem-solving skills to research and resolve discrepancies, denials, appeals and collections
- Knowledge of medical terminology likely to be encountered in medical claims
- Amenable to work in Tanay, Rizal with flexible schedule.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel working within this job title.
Luckwell is an equal opportunity employer. Luckwell evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression, protected veteran status, disability status or any other legally protected characteristics.