Physical Therapist Auditor
Status: Not Hiring
Job Description Physical Therapist Auditors will focus on evaluating medical records and other healthcare data to assess the necessity and effectiveness of physical therapy services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluate referrals for outpatient services, conferring with referral sources as needed to determine the client’s treatment needs.
- Provide comprehensive clinical assessments in response to initial referrals and maintains outpatient therapy caseload.
- Review patient treatment records to assess whether the services that PT staff provided were fiscally responsible and medically necessary.
- Conduct utilization review activities necessary to obtain authorizations for client services.
Skills and Experience
- Must be a Registered Physical Therapist
- 1-2 year of clinical PT experience
- Good communication skills both written and oral
- Possess excellent organizational skills, proactive approach and ability to collaborate across roles and disciplines
- Ability to promote and maintain quality care though analysis
- Skilled in comprehensive nursing assessment and providing effective nursing care
- Computer literate and knowledge in MS Office, Adobe PDF and google sheets)
- Critical and analytical thinking skills
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel working within this job title.
Luckwell is an equal opportunity employer. Luckwell evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression, protected veteran status, disability status or any other legally protected characteristics.